Furniture Levelers: Leveling Glides, Spring Clips & T-Nuts
Furniture Levelers or Chair Leveling GlidesWobbly chairs. Uneven floors. There can be any reason why your furniture or chairs are suddenly sitting uneven on your floors.
Finding an aesthetically pleasing and long lasting solution can be really easy. We offer an array of furniture leveling glides for many different types of chairs, tables. From round table legs, wooden chairs and more, we have a leveling glide, spring clip or t-nut that can snap easily into the tube of your furniture leg to level it on your floor.
Ordering Leveling GlidesPlacing an order for leveling glides is easy. Once you found the right furniture leveler or chair leveling glide that's the right size and fit, place your order here. We offer bulk quantity discounts, so please take advantage of that! If you're not sure of the size you need, call to speak with one of our associates. They'll know the perfect leveling glide to recommend or can send you samples.
- Furniture leveling glides are available in 1/4-20, 5/16-18, and 3/8-16 threads.
- Pictured here are 3 types of chair leveling glides.
- One with square spring clip to install the chair leveling glide in hollow square tubing.
- One round spring clip to install the chair leveling glide in hollow round tubing
- One t-nut to install the furniture leveler into wooden leg.
Furniture Levelers: Leveling Glides, Spring Clips & T-Nuts
What Furniture Levelers: Leveling Glides, Spring Clips & T-Nuts are and how they're used.Furniture levelers, including leveling glides, spring clips, and T-nuts, are components that are used to stabilize and level furniture, particularly when the furniture is placed on uneven surfaces. Here's a brief overview of each type of furniture leveler and how they're used:
- Leveling glides: These are adjustable feet that can be screwed in or out to raise or lower the height of a piece of furniture. Leveling glides are often used on tables, chairs, and other pieces of furniture that need to be level to prevent wobbling or rocking.
- Spring clips: These are small metal clips that are attached to the bottom of a furniture leg, creating a spring-like mechanism that helps to stabilize the furniture on uneven surfaces. Spring clips are commonly used on chairs and tables.
- T-nuts: These are threaded inserts that are installed in the bottom of a furniture leg, allowing the leg to be screwed onto the frame of the furniture. T-nuts are often used on heavier pieces of furniture, such as couches and bed frames.
How to select the appropriate Furniture Levelers: Leveling Glides, Spring Clips & T-NutsHere are some guidelines for selecting the appropriate furniture levelers for your needs:
- Determine the weight of your furniture: Different furniture levelers have weight limits, so it's important to choose levelers that can support the weight of your furniture.
- Consider the flooring type: Certain types of levelers may work better on certain types of flooring. For example, levelers with soft pads are better for hardwood floors, while levelers with hard plastic or metal pads are better for carpeted floors.
- Consider the shape and size of your furniture legs: Leveling glides and T-nuts are typically used with square or rectangular legs, while spring clips are better suited for round legs. Make sure to choose levelers that are the appropriate size and shape for your furniture legs.
- Determine the level of adjustability needed: Leveling glides and T-nuts are adjustable and can be raised or lowered to level the furniture. Spring clips, on the other hand, are not adjustable and provide a fixed level of stabilization.
- Consider the installation method: Some levelers require drilling or other complex installation methods, while others can be easily screwed or snapped onto the furniture legs.
How to install Furniture Levelers: Leveling Glides, Spring Clips & T-Nuts properlyHere are some general tips for installing and ensuring the stability of furniture levelers:
- Start with a level surface: Before installing levelers, make sure that the surface the furniture will be resting on is level. This will ensure that the levelers are able to provide proper stabilization.
- Clean the furniture legs: Clean the bottom of the furniture legs where the levelers will be installed, ensuring that there is no debris or dirt that could prevent the levelers from properly adhering or screwing in.
- Choose the appropriate installation method: Depending on the type of leveler you're installing, there may be different installation methods. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for the specific type of leveler you are installing.
- Secure the levelers: Once installed, make sure that the levelers are secure and tight. If necessary, use adhesive or additional hardware to ensure that the levelers stay in place.
- Test for stability: After installing the levelers, test the furniture for stability. Sit or place objects on the furniture to ensure that it doesn't wobble or rock.
How to maintain and clean Furniture Levelers: Leveling Glides, Spring Clips & T-Nuts to ensure they continue to function properly and prolong their lifespan.Proper maintenance and cleaning of furniture levelers can help to prolong their lifespan and ensure that they continue to function properly. Here are some tips for maintaining and cleaning furniture levelers:
- Regularly inspect levelers for damage or wear: Check the levelers on a regular basis for signs of damage, wear, or corrosion. If any issues are detected, replace the levelers as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
- Clean the levelers regularly: Wipe down the levelers with a damp cloth to remove dirt and debris. For stubborn stains or dirt buildup, use a mild detergent or cleaner and rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate moving parts: For levelers with moving parts, such as springs or adjustable glides, apply a lubricant such as silicone or Teflon spray to ensure smooth operation.
- Store levelers properly: When not in use, store levelers in a dry, cool place to prevent corrosion or other damage.
What are the advantages to using Furniture Levelers: Leveling Glides, Spring Clips & T-Nuts?The advantages of using furniture levelers, including leveling glides, spring clips, and T-nuts, are as follows:
- Stability: Furniture levelers help to stabilize furniture, preventing wobbling, rocking, and other types of movement that can cause damage to both the furniture and the floor.
- Protection: By preventing furniture from moving or rocking, furniture levelers help to prevent scratches, scuffs, and other damage to flooring and other surfaces.
- Adaptability: Furniture levelers can be adjusted to level furniture on uneven surfaces, making it easier to use furniture in a variety of settings and locations.
- Longevity: By preventing furniture from rocking or wobbling, furniture levelers help to prolong the lifespan of both the furniture and the flooring underneath it.
- Ease of use: Many furniture levelers are easy to install and require minimal maintenance, making them a convenient and practical solution for stabilizing furniture.
Furniture Levelers: Leveling Glides, Spring Clips & T-Nuts FAQS?
Q: What is the weight limit for furniture levelers?
A: The weight limit for furniture levelers varies depending on the type and model. It's important to check the manufacturer's specifications to ensure that the levelers you choose can support the weight of your furniture.
Q: Are furniture levelers easy to install?
A: The ease of installation for furniture levelers varies depending on the type and model. Some levelers may require drilling or other complex installation methods, while others can be easily screwed or snapped onto the furniture legs.
Q: Can furniture levelers be used on all types of flooring?
A: Certain types of furniture levelers may work better on certain types of flooring. For example, levelers with soft pads are better for hardwood floors, while levelers with hard plastic or metal pads are better for carpeted floors. It's important to choose levelers that are appropriate for your flooring type.
Q: Do furniture levelers require maintenance?
A: While some furniture levelers may require regular cleaning and lubrication to ensure proper functioning, many models require minimal maintenance.
Q: Are furniture levelers adjustable?
A: Some furniture levelers, such as leveling glides and T-nuts, are adjustable and can be raised or lowered to level the furniture. Spring clips, on the other hand, provide a fixed level of stabilization and are not adjustable. It's important to choose the type of leveler that is appropriate for your needs.